PDA

View Full Version : Send Email checkbox diappears

Meine
17-Nov-2005, 01:12 PM
[I posted this in general, but suppose this is a better place for it,
sorry for that]

Hello,

we're using Eurekalog and are very happy with it :)

But there is one strange thing, this is what happens (I've checked it
with version 5.0.5):

1. An error occurs and is catched by EurekaLog
2. EurekaLog dialog is shown to user
3. User unchecks "Send email" and closes the dialog
4. The applications is closed (we've chosen to quit the application
after every error that occurs)

So far everything is as expected.

But now, after the applications is started and an error occurs the Send
email (and attach screenshot) checkbox has disappeared.

My question: under which circumstances is the checkbox made invisibe?

We have "disabled" the EurekaLog look and are using the normal windows
look for the dialog.

Furthermore we do have some initialization code around EurekaLog to
init/load/save error handling settings, this is done by assigning
CurrentEurekaLogOptions with a copy (although I don't think that's the
causse).

All errors will go through a ExceptionNotify procedure, i.e. something like:

procedure XSO_ExceptionNotify(ExcRecord: TEurekaExceptionRecord; var
Handled: Boolean);
var
s : string;
Opt : TEurekaModuleOptions;
begin
Opt := ExcRecord.CurrentModuleOptions;

if HasParam('/debug') then
DumpEurekaLogSettings; // Here ExceptionDialogSettings still
contains edoSendEmailChecked is

s := Opt.EMailSubject;
if Pos('%s', s) > 0 then
Opt.EmailSubject := TryFmt(s, [ParamStr(0)]);

if Exception_Quit then // Exception_Quit is a unit var
ForceApplicationTermination(tbTerminate);

Handled := Exception_ByEureka; // Exception_ByEureka is a unit var
end;

admin
17-Nov-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi,

Meine wrote:
> [I posted this in general, but suppose this is a better place for it,
> sorry for that]
>
> Hello,
>
> we're using Eurekalog and are very happy with it :)
>
> But there is one strange thing, this is what happens (I've checked it
> with version 5.0.5):
>

> 1. An error occurs and is catched by EurekaLog
> 2. EurekaLog dialog is shown to user
> 3. User unchecks "Send email" and closes the dialog
> 4. The applications is closed (we've chosen to quit the application
> after every error that occurs)
>
> So far everything is as expected.
>
> But now, after the applications is started and an error occurs the Send
> email (and attach screenshot) checkbox has disappeared.
>
> [...]

Check if is active the "Project/EurekaLog Options.../Log File/Do not
save duplicate errors" option, please.

--
Best regards...

Fabio Dell'Aria.
----------------
http://www.eurekalog.com
Catch every BUG showing line n.

Meine
17-Nov-2005, 03:10 PM
"do not save duplicate errors" was enabled indeed; thanks!

admin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Meine wrote:
>
>> [I posted this in general, but suppose this is a better place for it,
>> sorry for that]
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we're using Eurekalog and are very happy with it :)
>>
>> But there is one strange thing, this is what happens (I've checked it
>> with version 5.0.5):
>>

>> 1. An error occurs and is catched by EurekaLog
>> 2. EurekaLog dialog is shown to user
>> 3. User unchecks "Send email" and closes the dialog
>> 4. The applications is closed (we've chosen to quit the application
>> after every error that occurs)
>>
>> So far everything is as expected.
>>
>> But now, after the applications is started and an error occurs the
>> Send email (and attach screenshot) checkbox has disappeared.
>>
>> [...]
>

> Check if is active the "Project/EurekaLog Options.../Log File/Do not
> save duplicate errors" option, please.

admin
17-Nov-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi,

Meine wrote:
> "do not save duplicate errors" was enabled indeed; thanks!

You're welcome! ;)

--
Best regards...

Fabio Dell'Aria.