    17

    Value of variables

    oh! i thought of another good idea. would it be possible for eurekalog to get the local variables of the method that died and send those values along, too?

  2. admin Guest

    Re: local variables

    Hi,

    rev23dev wrote:
    > oh! i thought of another good idea. would it be possible for eurekalog
    > to get the local variables of the method that died and send those
    > values along, too?

    I think this it's really hard!

    --
    Best regards...

    Fabio Dell'Aria.
    ----------------
    http://www.eurekalog.com
    Catch every BUG, every time!

    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3

    Add ClassName in Callstack?

    Hi,

    is it possible to include the classname of any inheritance of TObject in the Callstack?

    And when you implement the (old) suggestion: adding a entry in the system event log, if a error in a service occurs?

    Thx
    Joerg

  4. admin Guest

    Re: Add ClassName in Callstack?

    Hi,

    joerg wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > is it possible to include the classname of any inheritance of TObject
    > in the Callstack?

    I'm sorry but this is really impossible, because I the Call-Stack did not store
    the Object instance of calling Class.

    > And when you implement the (old) suggestion: adding a entry in the
    > system event log, if a error in a service occurs?
    >
    > Thx
    > Joerg

    I'm working on it, please to be patient!

    --
    Best regards...

    Fabio Dell'Aria.
    ----------------
    http://www.eurekalog.com
    Catch every BUG, every time!

    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3

    >I'm sorry but this is really impossible, because I the Call-Stack did not store
    >the Object instance of calling Class.

    harm.

    >I'm working on it, please to be patient!

    so i'm still waiting....

    Thx
    Joerg

  6. Freddy Tutak Guest

    Value of variables

    Hi,

    We are new to Eurekalog and evaluating it for the moment.
    A question :

    Is it possible to include the value of local variables and parameters of
    methods, functions or procedures in the log-file ?

    Regards,
    Fred

  7. admin Guest

    Re: Value of variables

    Hi,

    Freddy Tutak wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are new to Eurekalog and evaluating it for the moment.
    > A question :
    >
    > Is it possible to include the value of local variables and parameters of
    > methods, functions or procedures in the log-file ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Fred

    I'm sorry, but this is impossible.

    You can only add them to the log using a custom EurekaLog OnCustomDataRequest
    event (adding every you want to the final log).

    --
    Best regards...

    Fabio Dell'Aria.
    ----------------
    http://www.eurekalog.com
    Catch every BUG, every time!

    May 2005
    Posts
    1,720

    Hi,

    the NT services exceptions just add its entry on the events log.
    Best regards...

    Fabio Dell'Aria - Team Leader

    http://www.eurekalog.com
    Catch every bug, every time!

    May 2007
    Posts
    14

    Save variables state along with ug report

    Hi,

    I don't know if this possible to do that it would be good option to save
    variables state long with bug report.

    For example I have function below, I would like to save function variables which was passed while bug appeared.

    function MyMath(a,b,c:Integer):Integer
    begin
    result:=a+b div c; //Loat conversion error, we save a,b,c variables to bug log
    end;

    Maybe it is already possible?
    Regards,
    Tomas

    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    Adding variable/constant values

    I was thinking it might be interesting to have the ability to include the value of certain variables or constants with error logs. I store the version number of my programs in constants, so that would be useful for me to add, or I suppose that the content of certain important variables could clear up a lot about certain errors.